Making gut loving choc ginger biscuits has never been easier using the gut seal pre mix as your base.
The ginger in this biscuit is a standout as it supports movement of the bowel and regularity. Ginger is also antihistamine and antiparasitic. You can’t lose! Easy to whip up in a double or even triple batch using the gut seal pre mix, these biscuits last for a week in the pantry and months in the freezer. Great for travel and summer picnics. Nut-free, this is also a lunchbox star. This big-hitting nutritious snack is a winner.
Now for the recipe!
- 200g of Gut Seal Pre-mix
- 150g ghee or butter
- 20mls MCT oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp bicarb
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 3 heaped tsp of ginger
- 1 tsp high quality vanilla
- 1/2 cup xylitol or sweetener of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and Line 2 baking trays with baking paper
- Add all ingredients except MCT to a blender or food processor and combine until it comes together in a cookie dough consistency
- Add in MCT oil and blend again till mixed through.
- Roll dough into 24 balls.
- Place on a tray and score with a fork
- Bake for 12-15 minutes and allow to cool BEFORE popping them in your mouth!
I hope you enjoy making and eating these biscuits as much as my family and I do. They are such a lunch box winner!!!
Click here for more inspo and another recipe using the gut seal pre mix.