This beverage really lives up to its name! So many powerhouse ingredients in one recipe and so many benefits. The beauty of fermenting nourishing foods such as carrots, apples and beets is that it maintains their nutrient-dense profiles while removing the natural sugars that can perpetuate unpleasant digestive symptoms: bloating, gas, fatigue – often signs of a candida overgrowth and/or a leaky gut.
Juice the following fruits and veggies
- 6 apples
- 6 beetroots
- 3-6 carrots
- 1 bunch radish
- 1 onion
- 1 cucumber
- Herbs such as basil, parsley and mint
- Spices such as turmeric and ginger
- Place the juice in a 2lt fermenting jar with 1 cup coconut kefir. Secure the lid and leave to ferment on the bench top for 12-24 hours.
- Transfer to the fridge, reserving 1 cup to start your next batch.
- Alternatively you can use another cup of coconut kefir. You can repeat this process 5-7 times before starting again from scratch, with a fresh Kultured Wellness coconut kefir starter.