These little treats are full of gut-healing gelatine and the amino acids glycine and proline, both of which assist the liver in detoxification. Glycine is also very calming and can have a therapeutic effect on insomnia, making these the perfect dessert to enjoy a few hours before bed.
- ¾ cup berry purée, made from 2 cups of organic berries (do make an effort to purchase organic berries, as conventional are almost always sprayed heavily with pesticides. You can buy frozen and thaw them, as this is the cheaper way to buy organic berries)
- ½ cup coconut kefir
- ¾ cup filtered water
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed gelatine (Try this one)
- Purée the berries using a stick blender or food processor, using sieve to remove any seeds if you’re using strawberries and/or raspberries.
- In a saucepan, combine the filtered water and the gelatine. Heat gently, stirring until the gelatine has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Combine the berry purée, kefir and cooled gelatine mixture and pour into a square glass dish.
- Refrigerate until the jelly has set and then remove the container from the fridge and cut the slab into small squares. This makes a fast snack during the day or a special dessert, accompanied by some plain or fruity coconut yoghurt.