I have such fond memories of celebrating Christmas on the other side of the world. Experiencing the Northern lights at Christmas allowed me to truly embrace everything a white Christmas is about. Who knows how long it will be before any of us are able to travel to the other side of the world again for a white Christmas? So, for now, making the taste of a white Christmas with this Kultured Wellness White Christmas recipe will have to do.
This is the perfect addition to any grazing plate or it is perfect as a stand alone at your next Christmas gathering.
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup macadamias
- 1/4 cup Kultured Wellness coconut yoghurt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup pistachios chopped
- 1/3 cup dried unsweetened cranberries
- ½ cup Kultured Wellness coconut water kefir
- Stevia to taste
- ½ tsp vanilla powder
- Place the cranberries and kefir into an airtight jar and ferment for two days on the bench.
- Strain the cranberries in a stainless steel strainer for 20-30 minutes. If you want them drier, place on paper towel uncovered in the fridge for a couple hours or overnight until ready to make your White Christmas.
- In a food processor, combine coconut, macadamias, vanilla and stevia, mix until almost a crumble consistency.
- Add melted coconut oil, coconut yoghurt, pistachios, and cranberries and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Line a small slice tin with baking paper and spread into a 1cm thick layer.
- Place in the fridge to set.
This slice will need to be kept in the fridge and served cold.