Ginger Bliss Balls
Prep | 10 minutes
Ready in | 20 minutes
If you are looking for a healthy, gut-loving Christmas treat to take along to your family function, try this Ginger Bliss Ball recipe below. It's super easy and totally tastes like Christmas!!
Ginger is loaded with nutrients and bioactive compounds that have powerful benefits for your body and brain. Plus the addition of Kultured Wellness yogurt provides a therapeutic dose of probiotics that repopulate the gut with beneficial flora.
- 250g almonds or cashews
- 150g dates
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup Kultured Wellness Yoghurt
Remove maple syrup and replace with another 20g fermented dates.
You can ferment the desiccated coconut with the dates if you need to reduce the sugar.
- Place the dates, coconut and Kultured Wellness Yoghurt in to a Kilner Jar. Seal the jar and leave to ferment for 12- 24 hours.
- When your ferment is ready, add all ingredients into your food processor or Thermomix and blitz on high until mix forms and holds together.
- Using about 1 tbsp of mix at a time, roll into balls and then roll in desiccated coconut to cover the ball. Place onto a tray.
- When you have rolled the entire mix, place your tray into the fridge and leave for 20 minutes, or until mix is set firmly.
These ginger bliss balls are featured in our newly released 'Kultured Christmas E-book'. Click here to get your copy of this e-book containing 22 gut loving versions of all your traditional favourite Christmas meals, treats and drinks!