This beautiful, nourishing Butter Chicken is the perfect remedy for a cold winter's night! Flavoured with warming herbs and spices, this can be popped into a slow cooker so it is ready when you get home from work.
- 2 Tbsp butter or ghee
- 500g organic chicken thigh, cut into cubes
- 1 small - medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 5 cardamom pods, crushed
- ½ Tbsp cinnamon powder
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½-1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar or juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp ginger, grated
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- ¹∕³ cup Kultured Wellness Coconut Yoghurt
- ½ cup filtered water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ½ cup chopped coriander & extra to garnish with
- 2-4 zucchini, spiralised into noodles
Veggie purée or cooked & cooled rice or greens & cultured veggies and Kultured Wellness Coconut Yoghurt to drizzle on top.
- Mix all the butter chicken ingredients (except cauliflower) together in a bowl and evenly combine.
- Marinate for at least 4 hours to develop the flavours. Overnight is best to allow the flavours to develop.
- Add the marinated chicken to a saucepan and gently cook on low for 2 hours.
- Add the cauliflower and cook for another 40 minutes to an hour.
- Add a little bit more water if needed. The chicken should be soft and tender and the cauliflower cooked through.
- Taste the curry and adjust if needed. If it’s ready, remove from the heat, but keep the lid on to keep it warm.
- Add the zoodles to a saucepan and add ½-1 Tbsp butter and a splash of water to quickly soften them. Once they are ready, strain the liquid off and scoop the zoodles into bowls.
- Stir through some fresh coriander leaves into the curry then scoop it on top of the zoodles.
- Serve straightaway with cultured veggies (we used Jordan’s cabbage and carrot kim-chi recipe) and also enjoy a glass of Kultured Wellness Coconut Kefir with the meal.