This smoothie is so easy to throw together and is perfect for breakfast or just as an afternoon treat for the kids after school! Not only is it delicious, it is full of healthy fats, probiotics and fibre so it will keep you going!
This smoothie includes so many beneficial ingredients such as:
- healthy fats from MCT oil, flaxseeds and avocado for satiety, brain function, liver support and energy
- probiotics from coconut yoghurt, fermented cashews and fermented dates to support and grow your microbiome
- fibre from flaxseeds, psyllium husks, dates and avocado for bowel regularity, liver support and food for those good bugs
- adaptogenic herbs such as ashwagandha and maca powder to support your hormones
- spices like cinnamon to balance blood sugar levels
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup ice
1/4 - 1/2 cup Kultured Wellness Coconut Yoghurt
1 orange (or 4-5 drops orange essential oil - food grade)
1/4 - 1/2 avocado
2 tbsp MCT oil
2 tbsp organic cacao powder
2 tbsp fermented cashews (or cashew butter)
1-2 fermented dates
1-2 tbsp collagen
1 heaped tsp ground flaxseeds
1 tsp psyllium husks
1 tsp slippery elm
1 tsp maca powder
1 tsp ashwagandha
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp cinnamon
Pinch sea salt
Optional: sweetener to taste
1. Pop all of the ingredients into your Thermomix or blender and blitz on high speed until creamy and smooth.
2. Taste and adjust sweetener if needed.
3. Serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon, grated chocolate or cacao nibs on top and enjoy!
Hint: Make up a big jar of all of the powders that you add to your smoothies (slippery elm, maca powder, ground flax etc) and just add 1-2 tbsp of your blend when you make your smoothie so you aren't getting out a number of different jars each time. You could also make a double or triple batch to keep in the fridge for the following day.
Options: You could replace the orange with fresh mint leaves for a choc-mint option!
How To: Click here to learn How To Make Coconut Yoghurt.