- 1/2 White cabbage
- 1/2 Red Cabbage
- 1 x Beetroot
- 1 x Carrot
- 1 x Apple
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup Kultured Wellness Coconut Water Kefir
- Filtered water
- Add the white and red shredded cabbage to a small bowl and sprinkle the salt over the top. Allow this to sit for 15 minutes to allow the salt to draw out some liquid and soften the cabbage.
- After 15 minutes, use you hands to massage the cabbage for a few minutes.
- Grate the beetroot, carrot and apple and add it to a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the veggies and kefir and mix through with clean hands until combined.
- Begin to pack the veggie mix into a large clean glass jar with your hands. Press the mixture down with your hands and be sure to leave a 3-4 cm gap up the top to allow for expansion.
- Cover the veggies with a little filtered water, just enough to cover them.
- Slice 1 carrot into large matchsticks and press into the jar, these carrot sticks should be keeping the veggies submerged under the liquid. Alternatively you can use an outer leaf of the cabbage.
- Close the lid tightly, clean the outside of the jar and place on a shelf in your pantry and allow it to ferment for 3-4 days.
- When ready, place in the fridge.