Eggy Diversity Dough Croutons
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups fermented Diversity Dough mixture
- Pinch mixed dried herbs
- 1 tsp bicarb
- ½ tsp salt
- 10ml Apple Cider Vinegar
- This makes a wet mix, that's OK - we want a nice light loaf for frying up those croutons. The lightness of the eggs will create ample opportunities for your croutons to soak up that garlicky, buttery flavour 💕
- Combine all ingredients in a mixer until a blended dough is formed.
- Place in a slice tray for a shallow loaf and quicker cook and bake at 180°C for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool and cut into small 1cm cubed croutons
- Now for the magic
- In a frying pan, add 2 Tbsp of grass-fed butter and crushed garlic to taste
- Add croutons to the hot pan and fry, stirring for several minutes until the croutons are crispy and browned.
- Sprinkle over your soup, salad, or try to stop yourself eating them straight out of the pan!
Instead of frying, bake in the oven at 180°C until toasty and dry.
Add flavours by using any flavouring you like to your Diversity Dough crouton mix before baking, eg. garlic, herbs, sesame seeds, savory yeast flakes, chilli.
Tip: Cut the entire loaf into croutons and freeze portions for your next crouton fry up!
For the basics of making your Diversity Dough, follow this link: