Between work, school pick ups, sports and just generally managing a household, the afternoons can get busy so I often rely on my trusty slow cooker to take care of dinner. Being able to pop something on in the morning and having it ready when you get home in the evenings just makes life so much easier!
This pulled pork is so simple to throw on and is also delicious. Win win!
- 2kg pork shoulder, skin scored
- 4-6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 brown onions, thinly sliced
- 2-4 sprigs of thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ½ - 1 cup chicken broth
- Using a sharp knife, make slits in pork. Rub all over with spices and garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange onion over the base of slow cooker. Place pork over the onion and pour the chicken broth inside.
- Cook, covered, on low for 5-8 hours or until pork meat falls off the bone.
- Shred the pork with 2 forks.
- When you’re serving, add as much of the cooking liquid as you like to moisten pork.
- Serve with steamed green beans and golden cauliflower mash or as tacos with cultured veggies and Kultured Wellness coconut water kefir on the side.