Broccoli, Thyme and Leek Soup
This soup is not only delicious, it has beneficial fats to help stabilise those blood sugars and the anti-viral, antibacterial and antifungal ingredients garlic and fresh thyme. Perfect for winter!
The star of this soup, broccoli, is a cruciferous vegetable that contains antioxidants, fibre, nutrients such as chlorophyll and carotenoids, minerals such as magnesium, potassium and calcium, vitamins like C, E, K and A, and offers so many wonderful health benefits, particularly for your liver!
Serves 2 hungry people
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1-2 Tbsp coconut oil, Brain Octane Oil or MCT Oil
- 1 leek
- ¼ cauliflower
- 1 small head broccoli
- Fresh thyme to taste, we used the leaves of 8-10 sprigs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3-5 cups filtered water
- Roughly chop the leek, broccoli and cauliflower and add it to a large saucepan along with the butter and oil. Sauté until the veggies start to turn a light golden colour.
- Add the garlic, salt, pepper, thyme and 3 cups of water.
- Allow this to simmer for at least 20 minutes. Check the veggies to see if they are soft and falling apart when pricked with a fork, if so remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Puree the soup using a handheld stick blender. If you like you’re a little runnier, then try adding ½ a cup of water or bone broth at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
- When ready, ladle into bowls and enjoy with a slice of Kultured Wellness Diversity Dough.