The humble beetroot is considered an excellent blood tonic and has been used to help cleanse the liver, promote regularity, improve alkalization and even help treat kidney stones. Besides being loaded with vitamins and minerals, beets also:
✔️ Contain High Levels of Antioxidants
✔️ Relieve Inflammation
✔️ Promote Heart Health
✔️ Aid in Detoxification
✔️ Boost Brain Function
✔️ Support Digestive Health
✔️ Enhance Athletic Performance (thanks to enhanced Nitric Oxide production)
✔️ Increase Weight Loss
Now take all of that goodness and ferment them with Coconut Kefir and you get Beet Kvass, a delicious probiotic, low carb beverage! It is so easy to make and you can use the leftover beets to make a cultured beetroot dip! Bonus!
- 3 large beetroot
- 1/2 cup Kultured Wellness Kefir
- Filtered water
- Peel skin off beetroot using a vegetable peeler then cut into cubes or in half.
- Place the beetroot in a 2lt fermenting glass jar.
- Add 1/2 cup of kefir into the jar.
- Pour filtered water in the jar. Be sure to leave a space between the kefir and the top of the glass jar.
- Place an air tight lid and place on the bench top.
- Allow to ferment for up to 24 to 48 hours (this may take longer in colder climates).
- Stir your kvass each day with a wooden spoon. Taste test it everyday to monitor its progress.
- Once fermented place in the fridge and enjoy cold!
* To purchase our Coconut Water Kefir simply click here.
* If you would like a carrot, orange and ginger variation of kvass you can find more recipes in our Functional Fermented Nutrition Book by clicking here.