3 large beetroots
1/2 cup of Kultured Wellness Kefir
- Peel skin off beetroot using a vegetable peeler then cut into cubes or in half
- Place the beetroot in a 2L fermenting glass jar
- Add 1/2 cup of kefir into the jar
- Pour filtered water in the jar. Be sure to leave a space between the kefir and the top of the glass jar
- Place an air tight lid and place on the bench top
- Allow to ferment for up to 24 to 48 hours (this may take longer in colder climates).
- Stir your kvass each day with a wooden spoon. Taste test it everyday to monitor its progress.
- Once fermented place in the fridge and enjoy cold!
* To purchase our Coconut Water Kefir simply click here.
* If you would like a carrot, orange and ginger variation of kvass you can find more recipes in our Functional Fermented Nutrition Book by clicking here.