Recipe By Jordan Pie
Makes roughly 2lt
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 2 beetroot, chopped
- 3-4 apples, chopped
- 3-4 carrots, chopped
- 2 large cucumbers, chopped
- 1 knob ginger, chopped
- 1 small knob turmeric, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 purple onion, chopped
- 4-5 mandarins, lemons or limes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups coconut water kefir
- Add all the chopped ingredients to a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Get your juicer ready and add the fruit and veggies to the juicer so you can collect the juice.
- Add the freshly pressed juice and kefir to a clean 2lt glass jar and close the lid.
- Place the jar into the pantry and allow it to ferment for 2-3 days (it will depend on the weather).
- Taste the juice after 2 days; if it is still quite sweet then allow it to ferment for another 12-24 hours.
- Taste again, if it’s ready then place it in the fridge.
- Pour the juice through a fine mesh sieve to remove any pulp.
- Serve over ice and enjoy.
Looking for more recipes like this one?
Gutalicious Cookbook Click the image below to find out more about this beautiful book.