Made with nourishing ingredients like bone broth (or pan juices yum!), turmeric, ginger and slippery elm, this beautiful gravy will help to soothe inflammation and add a delicious flavour to any roast.
- 5-6 brown onions, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 4-6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- ½-1 cup chicken broth (or use the juices from a roast chicken)
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp grated turmeric
- 2 tsp slippery elm
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A small dash apple cider vinegar (optional)
- Add the onions, garlic and butter to a small saucepan and brown the onions until golden. Place the lid on and allow them to caramelise and to build more flavour.
- Once the onions and garlic have caramelised, add the rest of the ingredients (starting with 2 tsp slippery elm) and allow it to simmer on low- medium heat, you want the liquid to reduce by at least half.
- Once the liquid has reduced and the mix has thickened, add it to a thermomix or quality blender and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass jar and store in the fridge for up to 1 week.