- 1 cup of fresh ripe chopped mango (or frozen if fresh unavailable)
- 1 cup of Kultured Wellness Coconut Yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons of grass fed organic gelatin powder mixed with 3 tablespoons of filtered water in a small bowl, put aside to bloom
- ¾ cup of filtered water
- 1 tablespoon of sweetener of choice – stevia to taste, honey or rice malt syrup
- 1-2 teaspoons of vanilla bean powder
- ½ cup of chopped fresh ripe mango
- 1 tablespoon of grass fed organic gelatin powder mixed with 2 tablespoons of filtered water in a small bowl, put aside to bloom
- ¼ cup of filtered water
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon of sweetener of choice - stevia to taste, honey or rice malt syrup
- Place mango, yoghurt and sweetener of choice into blender and blitz on low until smooth.
- On stovetop, heat the bloomed gelatin, stirring constantly. I use a whisk. Once gelatin is completely dissolved, take off heat and leave to cool but not set.
- I use a Pyrex rectangular dish but you could also use a slice tray with baking paper to pour mix into.
- Add gelatin and water mix to blender and blitz on low until well combined.
- Pour into dish or tray and place in fridge until set – usually just over an hour.
- Add gelatin mix to saucepan on low to medium heat and stir until gelatin dissolves. Add fresh chopped mango and sweetener to the mix and stir for another two mins.
- Remove from heat, stir in lime juice and leave to cool a little (still warm and liquid, just not boiling). Blitz in blender until smooth and then pour mixture into glass Pyrex to complete the top layer. Place in fridge for at least an hour then slice into squares.
Warning! This is very addictive!
Hi! I’m Meagan from The Gut Healing Community, and like so many of us I was thrust into the world of gut healing when my baby daughter developed severe gut issues from about 6 weeks of age. Like most struggles, there’s usually a silver lining. I’ve learnt so much and we’ve come so far; and the Kultured Wellness crew has had a lot to do with our progress.
My website hosts a hub of beautiful businesses all contributing to improving others' gut health in one way or another. I also have a supportive Facebook group where we share our struggles, wins, recipes and more. Please connect with me for more recipes, articles and support.