Serves 2 hungry people
-2 Tbsp butter
-1-2 Tbsp coconut oil or Brain Octane Oil
-1 small head of broccoli
-Fresh thyme to taste, we used the leaves of 8-10 sprigs
-Salt and pepper to taste
-2 cloves of garlic
-3-5 cups of filtered water
1. Roughly chop the leek, broccoli and cauliflower and add it to a large saucepan along with the butter and oil. Sauté until the veggies start to turn a light golden colour.
2. Add the garlic, salt, pepper, thyme and 3 cups of water.
3. Allow this to simmer for at least 20 minutes. Check the veggies to see if they are soft and falling apart when pricked with a fork, if so remove the saucepan from the heat.
4. Puree the soup using a handheld stick blender. If you like you’re a little runnier, then try adding ½ a cup of water or bone broth at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
5. When ready, ladle into bowls and enjoy.
Photo credit to Jordan Pie